Hello there to anyone who suffers from or knows someone who suffers from a mild patch or chronic eczema. I meet you often at the markets. your not alone and it surprises me how many of you there are.
Talking to many of you over time, I have found this amazing book which guides you through to valuable and powerful tools to the health of your skin and body. These findings are from hundreds of International researchers and skin specialists who have pieced together the eczema puzzle.
The results are astonishing as Karen Fischer reveals in her book
THE ECZEMA DIET
Its a must read for any sufferer of eczema and you'll be empowering your body with health and knowledge.
Some quick extracts from her book
- We consume the wrong ratio of fats: Our diets are low in omega-3 and rich in saturated fat, process vegetable oils and margarines cause an over consumption of omega-6.
- We have fewer micro nutrients in our diet. Processed foods often contain sugar and white flour, which are low in vitamins and minerals. Deficiency in just a single nutrient can cause genetic defects.
- Western diets have altered the Acid - Alkaline balance.
- Sodium - Potassium ratio has been altered. 400% increase in salt and potassium rich fruit and vegetable diet has plummeted.
- fibre content has reduced from more refined grain to less whole grains.
- High GI foods (processed foods have very high GI) these elevate the blood glucose and Insulin levels.
An allergy is a normal immune response. In eczema sufferers the allergic reaction can cause worsening of the eczema. common foods eczema sufferers are allergic to..eggs, chicken, peanut, dairy products and cows milk, sesame seed and soy.
Problematic ingredients: Sulfates especially sodium Lauryl sulfate (SLS) found in soaps, shampoos, detergents, aqueous cream, commercial toothpastes, foaming toiletries, baby shampoos and bubble baths. SLS can cause contact dermatitis and alter the skin's pH, thins the skin barrier.
Formaldehyde (and its derivatives imidazolidinyl urea and DMDM hydantoin): fA preservative found in shampoos, liquid hand soaps, hair gel, cosmetics,nail polish and moisturisers.
Fragrance: (4000 varieties of 'parfum' and many are synthetic. Hide undesireable smells in all toiletries.
Here's our links to helping you out with the eczema itch, preventing further worsening of the eczema such as fungal, bacterial, inflammation.
By understanding your eczema you'll learn to know the root cause of your eczema.
Kawakawa and Poroporo Balm
Manuka Healing Balm
Eczema and Psoriasis
Surfactant and Sulfate free Shampoo Bars